Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Time's Up!

Well, I've given my company ample time to give me a decision on a promotion and salary increase which they've been promising for several months now. Last week, Robert, my manager's boss, told me that he would be at our corporate office in Miami, and would be working on the issue. He asked that I give him a week to get a decision.

In an email yesterday I asked Robert if there was an outcome to the negotiations. I received a response this morning saying he had spoken to his boss, as well as the owner of the company but no final decision had been made. Apparently, he is in Philadelphia today, and going down to Savannah tomorrow. He said that he would be going back to Miami before the end of the week, and that before he leaves to go back to California on Monday, he would let me know.

I won't tolerate it any more. I'm continually told that a decision will be made, but to wait a little longer. This morning I posted my resume on Monster, and I'm going to start looking for a new and higher paying position. If I get an offer, fantastic for me. But what I believe is going to happen is that they're going to hear of my new job hunt and realize that I too mean business!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to opportunities that might be available, please let me know. I would love to hear what's available at Continental Airlines.

No comments: