Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Money Crunch

Having been living with my wife Dayna's parents for so long, plus having an extra income from her has gotten me used to always having money when I need it. Even though we spent tons of money on groceries while we lived there ($1,010.00 the last four weeks we lived there), we still had money left over.

Now, since we don't have Dayna's income anymore (another story in itself), and we're paying rent, I'm in a money hole that seems to get bigger and bigger, and I have no way to plug it up.

I've been waiting for a promotion that includes a [what I would hope to be a generous] raise for nearly a year now. I'm so frustrated with the executives at my company for dragging their foot on it. See, my company's corporate office is in Miami, so I'm not really able to speak to them face-to-face. And for some reason (unknown to me) it's taboo to discuss issues like this directly to them without going through an immediate supervisor. Ridiculous! This is the first company for which I've worked where I'm not encouraged to aim for the highest possible person when I need help dealing with an issue. This, to me, is a big issue.

Anyway, I've expressed my situation with my manager (here in Houston), as well as his manager (who is also my former manager with whom I have a good relationship). They are both working on the case, and doing as much as they can (I hope). Since my one year anniversary with the company is November 22, this will make it easier to expedite the change.

Until then (or until I actually do get the raise), I'm in a world of shit with my cash flow. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? I know that some of you know something I don't know. So fill me in, I'm all ears.

Until then, I'd like to make one suggestion to everyone: SAVE YOUR MONEY WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

1 comment:

Alan said...

Can The Wifey Find Work Again??? I Know A Wonderful Babysitter!!! You'll Simply Think She's Careless!!!