Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Other Friends

Last night I watched the episode of Friends "The One with the Videotape," where, just after Rachel tells Ross that she's having his baby, it comes out that Ross has the whole conception, as well as the conversation leading up to it, on tape. Rachel and Ross went back and forth about who came on to who.

Finally, after Ross gives Rachel posession of the tape, she plays it for everyone despite him.

ROSS: (on film) Hey, remember...remember the night they got engaged? How uh, you and I almost...

RACHEL: (on film) Oh, I remember how we almost... Do you think we would've gone through with it? Y'know, if we hadn't gotten caught. Do you think we would have done it?

ROSS: (on film) I mean I...I know I wanted to. I just, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to.

RACHEL: (on film) Oh I wanted to.

(Ross and Rachel trade looks while watching the tape.)

ROSS: (on film) So we...we both wanted to.

RACHEL: (on film) Interesting.

ROSS: (on film) Yeah. (Pause) Anyway umm, it probably worked out for the best.

RACHEL: (on film) Oh yeah, sure.

RACHEL: Okay, in about ten seconds you're gonna see him kiss me.

ROSS: And in about five seconds you're going to see why.

RACHEL: (on film) Ross, did I ever tell you about the time that I went backpacking through Western Europe?

Hilarious!!

2 comments:

Alan said...

I remember this episode...the punchline, I think, came from something Joey said...is this not correct???

Smith said...

Something like that. He tought Ross the Western Europe story, because it's the story you tell when you want to have HOT, SWEATY SEX with someone.

While Ross was videotaping himself to practice telling the story, he's interrupted by Rachel.

This is where the dialogue posted takes place, where Rachel, by beginning to tell Ross the Western Europe story, makes it clear that she wants to "knock it."