Friday, April 28, 2006

Long Wet Weekend

Get Moving
This is it. It's the last weekend of the month and the last month of our current apartment lease. Our things will be moved on Sunday evening (poor timing, I know) and Dayna and I are going to be spending the weekend boxing up everything that has not been already. Calamity!

Even though we do not have to do the actual moving, the packing is going to be difficult in itself because Dayna is over six months pregnant now. She's not going to be able to do much. We will probably have some help though; Shannon is coming over tonight and possibly tomorrow and Grammy is ready to come and help too.

Hudson went away with Honey again this weekend so that we can get this done. Yesterday we realized that when he comes home it might be to a different place. I'd like to try and get him back before the movers come so that he can see where his things are going and why he's going to a different place.

A Long Evening at Cafe Jake
After dropping Hudson off in Humble yesterday, I took the opportunity to visit [my best friend] Jake, Amanda-Jayne, and Nick, as well as the children. I don't get a chance to visit them that often and it's nice when I do. Because I knew I would be going over there and probably staying late I decided to defer my second dose of XR until 8:00pm. This turned out to be a mistake on my part.

I left their house about 11:30pm, but after arriving home I could not go to sleep. The hours went by and on and on; no sleep. At about 5:30am I decided that my chance had passed. I went ahead and prepared myself for the day (and a long, wired day at that). I came in to the office just before 7:00am and completely rearranged my office, which I had been planning to do.

Now it's 1:00pm and I'm still not tired. I don't think I'm going to try that again.

1 comment:

Alan said...

The cafe visitation was simply delightful. I am continuing to prep the cafe for this season. This is our SECOND Season...YAY FOR ME...it's coming along nicely. I was there tonight with a couple of glasses of wine. Careless...Simply Careless.

Now, about those drugs...me thinks their better than caffeine!!!