Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Growing twins

Today I put a few hours into research on private school voucher proposals. It's for the fourth and most important (30% of my grade) essay for my English Composition class. For a week or so I was torn between that and the USA Patriot Act. The latter seemed very broad and would take, it seemed, much more research time and effort. Plus, with the school vouchers issue, I was able to do a page of freewriting on ideas and opinions I already had on the issue.

I limited my time because there are so many other things I want to do. I've been trying to keep up, at least briefly, on what's happening in the news. I was glad to hear yesterday that Tom DeLay is quitting the House and his campaign in Texas for re-election. "Let's move on...without DeLay," as the bumper sticker says. That's good news.

Today, Dayna took Hudson to his doctor in Missouri City. It's time for another vaccination (I'm not sure which one). Dayna is getting uncomfortably pregnant now. She's at 19 weeks. She's been able to feel the babies moving around for several weeks now. The other day, while she had her hand on her tummy, she felt them bumping around. It looks like we're going to have a couple of storm troopers on our hands.

At her doctor appointment on Monday, Dr Korhonen said that there was a 90% chance that the twins would not be identical. I'm not disappointed about that. In fact, a little glad. Even if they were identical, we've decided that we did not want to raise them as mirror-images of each other (dressing them the same, letting them sleep in the same bed, etc.).

Dayna's read many stories about the things that identical twins try to get away with. We theorized that they feel empowered with the feeling of connection and duality. It's interesting, but we're going to avoid raising a demon duo!

I think I'm going to get back to my book now. I'm reading The Human Story: Our History, from the Stone Age to Today.

No comments: