Thursday, December 01, 2005

Time to hit the books

I'm almost there now. I'm going to Houston Community College at 9:00am next Wednesday to take the Compass assessment test. Then, I'm back for a visit to the enrollment counselor to schedule my classes. Fantastic! I'm going to be stoked to get back into a classroom.

A little detour

Our last remaining goldfish is a little sick. Her name is Bubbles, and she's been a fighter from the beginning. She's survived what we could only guess to be chicken pox, mumps, influenza, lock-jaw, vinerial disease, and now, chronic obesity (and we've been pretty frugal with the Cheerios). What a mess! She's so big that she can't swim well anymore.

She's been through so many ailments that we are considering ways to put her out of her mysery. I suggested feeding her tons and tons of fish food until she dies of a heart attack. Dayna suggested we just put her in a plastic bag, put a towel over it, and smash her with a big, heavy book. "That would be the quickest way, right?"

Any suggestions???

No comments: