Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Humbug! Bring on the new year!

I hope the holidays prooved worth while for you all. Since I really didn't have to put too much effort into it this year, I got as much out of it as I expected--which was not much.

I'll be honest: sure it's good to see extended family once in a while, but that's all you need, isn't it? Just a glance to make sure they're still alive, a smile and a hug to keep the "family connection", and to round the meeting off, an "it was good to see you again. We'll try to make it up to visit you sometime," (because it's the gesture that's important).

I'm glad that those moments for this year are finally over. Now I can get back to my wife, my son, and me.....and of course, my friends.

Happy Holidays everyone! And good fortune for the new year!

No comments: