Friday, December 30, 2005

So long 2005

This is the end of the year. Tomorrow is New Years Eve (and my birthday), and I hope it will be filled with celebration and reflection. After that, the clock rolls around back to the beginning and starts a new year.

2006

Sure, it will take us the whole of January and part of February to pick up the habbit of writing '06 when we write down the date.

"Oh, shit! I keep writing 05 because I'm not used to writing 06."

Well, good for you, genius.

I think I'm really going to try that New Years resolution-thingy. Except, I don't think I'll call it that. It doesn't seem to work when people call it that. The world is notorious for failing their New Years resolution. I'll call it...

vie2006
Vie, meaning "to strive for victory or superiority," can also represent an acronym encompassing three very important practices I want to implement in 2006: vigor; initiative; effort.
Much better than "I'm going to lose 10 pounds by this summer so I can wear a thong to the beach."

1 comment:

Alan said...

Thongs and Hairy Backs...just don't match.