Monday, September 04, 2006

Chicagoland

I'm here
I arrived at Chicago O'Hare International Airport last Friday evening. I met up with Rob from BMP's corporate office in Miami, who brought me out to the office in Elk Grove Village so I could see it and know how to get to it. He gave me some good news about future prospects, which I was glad to hear.

That same evening, I had planned to just stay in my hotel room since it was late by the time I'd arrived. I got hungry though and decided to make a trip to McDonald's. (The McD's corporate office is in Oak Brook, Illinois, just a few miles from the office.) Instead of going back to the hotel, I detoured onto North Avenue from Mannheim Road (the road on which is the hotel). I needed to drop off a prescription to be filled. I didn't find a pharmacy close enough that was open, but I continued driving all the way until I reached downtown.

Although I didn't stay there long, I did get to get a glimpse into what it was like. I dipped into the northmost part of downtown, and, getting tired fast, I headed back toward the hotel.

I tried to be as productive as possible on Saturday. I drove through Arlington Heights, just minutes from Elk Grove Village, and was impressed with the way it looks. I got a little bored and tired pretty fast. I don't spend so much time in a vehicle that often. Much of the rest of Saturday and Sunday I spent in the hotel room. You can't do much without the funds with which to do it.

The Work Week
It was strange to be here at the office last week. I was alone in this eerily quiet place, and unfamiliar with where everything was or goes. But I made due. I talked to Dayna quite frequently -- if a few hours went by without hearing from her, I called her. There were plenty of tasks to keep me busy though.

It went by pretty fast, and on Friday, I was glad that Dayna was coming to see me. After work, I picked her up at O'Hare.

No comments: