Monday, September 11, 2006

Short Suburban Honeymoon

I was thrilled to be picking Dayna up at the airport. We weren't sure that she was going to be able to come up because of the babies at home, but she made it happen and I was glad she did.

On Friday evening, despite not having slept much the night before, Dayna wanted to go bar-hopping downtown. We drove down and I took a random exit, not knowing which was most appropriate. We drove around for a while looking for an area with people and bars, there didn't seem to be one near the loop. I remembered from the weekend before where I had seen an area with bars, so I tried my best to get there.

When we made it there I found a parking lot to put the car. By that time Dayna and I were both hungry and wanted to eat before going into a bar. Dayna wanted to sit and eat, but all those places were closed. We walked around for a couple of blocks with no success. By this time, Dayna was hungry and tired. We decided just to go get the car, find somewhere to eat, and call it a night.

The rest of the weekend was spent between driving around in the suburbs and "relaxing" in the hotel. We had originally planned for Dayna to fly out on Sunday morning around 11:00am, but we both wanted her to stay longer. So we rescheduled for a 5:50am flight this morning. We both overslept because I hadn't set the alarm clock properly.

Ultimately, Dayna caught a flight out at 9:50am this morning. Presently, she is about an hour from landing back in Houston. I was so sad to see her go, and I'm going to miss her this week. We had such a terrific time together and away from the babies. It was like a short but productive honeymoon that we never had. I miss her so much.

I'm going to have to re-adjust myself back to being up here alone until Friday when I fly back to Houston. I hope it goes by fast.

No comments: