Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Write, and write often.

I've been trying to get myself into a routine of posting nearly every day. I'd like to one day be able to post for more prestigious weblogs like the Houstonist.

Right now I have TheSmithViewpoint, on which I can post my own more serious discussion, and I'm relatively proud of what it's become. If you look back to the "articles" I posted when I first started that one, you can see over time how much it has changed.

The reason for wanting to post almost daily is because of the English Composition class I took during the Spring semester at Houston Community College. My professor, Ms. Daily, had us start of many classes with freewriting, where the students are to write about anything without stopping for a short period of time.

She taught us this so that when we were given assignments, we would use that exercise to sort of spill out our ideas regarding the topic of the assignment.

I once complimented a fellow blogger on his admirable writing skills. I asked this gentleman to give me a piece of advice on how I might become as talented a writer as he. He replied that the best thing for me to do is "write, and write often." So this is what I'm doing.

No comments: