Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Return of Smith

What a crappy day last Friday was! Ughh, horrible!

I won't go into the details, but I'll say that I arrived at Chicago's O'Hare Airport at 6:45 to catch my 7:15 flight. It was by the luck of Randomness Almighty (R.A.) that there wasn't a line at the check-in counter or the security checkpoint, and I arrived at the gate with a few minutes to spare.

Unfortunately that wasn't the last of my Friday woes. Dayna was planning to pick me up after I arrived. A flat tire on the car changed all that.

It was as if R.A. said, "Well, I'll let you make your flight this time, buuut you're going to have to sit at passenger pickup for at least an hour, aaand I'm afraid it can't be Dayna that picks you up. Sorry, Murphy's law."

Eventually, I arrived home and was glad to be back. It will be short-lived though. I'm flying back to Chicago on October 1, and will be there for an indefinite amount of time. I'm hoping that AJ will allow me to come back periodically.

Until then, just thank R.A. that it's a beautiful, sunny day in Houston. What will it mean for tomorrow, though??

No comments: