Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Super Twins

The Arrival
Alright, I finally have a chance to sit down and make the official announcement: the twins have finally arrived! Aden & Ashton were born last Friday, July 28, at West Houston Medical Center. They are perfectly healthy, no complications. Also, they're not identical. In fact, they look very much different; although they are both "white", Aden has more of my complexion, whild Ashton has more of Dayna's, with jet-black hair.

I'm really happy that they're here, and that they're beautiful and healthy. I couldn't ask for more. I told Dayna that she definitely makes beautiful babies. But these will be the absolute last that we have -- Dayna's been "tied up".

Bye-bye Freedom
One thing that I've considered is that when Hudson was born I thought that I had said goodbye to whatever "freedom" that I previously took for granted. My life was, at that point, permanently tied to both my wife (still my girlfriend, or "baby momma", at the time) and my son.

Yet, even though I didn't consider it so at the time, I still enjoyed a relatively free lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I had definitely made adjustments from when I had been completely free of responsibilities.

Now, however, I have my wife, my son, who's nearly two years old now, and two infant sons who require extra care and attention. It's going to be a busy, bumpy road ahead. But it will be absolutely worth while.

1 comment:

Alan said...

It will be worth while...and fun!!!