Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Time is running out.

Down to the wire
Dayna has now been scheduled for her C-Section to deliver the twins. Time certainly has rushed by, and we're down to the wire. Dayna called me at work today; I asked her if she wanted to know what I had done all day. Dayna thinks I spend a lot of time goofing-off at work and not enough time looking up information about babies/twins.

"No. What exactly am I supposed to be looking up?" I asked her. I told her that I had spent the morning on our financial matters and paying bills. It had literally taken all morning from the time I got to work.

What I was doing was researching, through information provided on the Public Utilities Commission of Texas website, consumers rights regarding electric companies and telephone companies.

First I had to figure out a way to avoid having out electricity turned off -- on our last bill from Gexa Energy I mailed a payment $50.00 short, having presumed that the amount would roll over to the next billing cycle. I was wrong, and received a disconnection notice shortly after.

Then I had to contact AT&T and have them discount our telephone bill for five days in July in which we had a service outtage.

After those tasks, which took up the majority of the time, I had to organize the remaining bills I have, write checks or schedule payments for them. It's really a cluster-fuck with which I'm tired of dealing with month-to-month. But it has to be done.

The Corporation
Right now Wade is watching The Corporation documentary, which I've been wanting him to see for quite a while. I saw it about a year ago and recommended it to him. Of course, unless you write it down or give someone literature to remind them of the recommendation, it's not very likely that they will remember to go rent a specific video.

I rented it on Sunday and brought it up to the office on Monday morning. He finally found the time to watch it today. I would recommend absolutely everyone watch this film, it's absolutely eye-opening and motivating!

No comments: