Friday, December 08, 2006

A week of struggle

Workplace Mishap
I fucked up at work this week. I won't go into details, but I'm feeling regretful. My supervisor's supervisor says that he "will be expecting a Corrective Action Report on this incident." Fantastic, I'll be looking forward to that.

I need a day off in a bad way. It's recently come to my recollection that, despite having two weeks available, I have taken absolutely no vacation time this year. Am I stupid, you ask? No. It was a combination of not having the money to go anywhere for vacation, being back and forth between Chicago and Houston for the past two months, and a year that has flown by without me noticing.

Hellth Insurance
I'm having to go through hell to get a healthcare insurance policy for my family and myself. It's a big pain in the ass. The group insurance policy offered through my company would put me out just under $1000 a month. No thank you. I have plenty of other expenses to worry about.

If I could I would move us to another country that offers universal health coverage. Sure, they take it right out of your payroll through taxes, but it would be worth avoiding the painstaking hassle of sorting through which insurance companies want to fuck their policy holders over the least.

No comments: