Friday, October 14, 2005

Call Boy

Less than hour after arriving home tonight, I received my first after-hours order for the weekend. (I am on call for work obviously.) Dayna and I just moved into a new apartment a couple weeks ago, which is in a complex directly behind my office. So now I'm here at the office, taking care of business.

I like living close to the office. I've been riding my bike to and from every day, and I am able to come home for lunch and relax. An hour really is a good amount of time when you're not spending the time driving. It takes less than five minutes for me to make it home on my bike. It's about the same when I drive too. It's nice.

Our apartment has not yet been complete to the extent of furnishing and decorating, but we're nearly there. Our remaining elemental needs are for furniture pieces like a sofa, TV stand, dining room table, etc.

Favorably, we already have some of those things available to us for free. The challenge is finding the means with which to relocate them to our apartment. We don't have a truck available, and I do not want to spend money hiring a truck, especially after the truck we hired for the initial move.

Uhaul rented me a truck that already had a 202,000-mile journey behind it. It was hands-down the oldest and most dilapidated vehicle I have ever driven.

No comments: